Creating a Finger or Toe Prosthesis
We keep care simple, personal and streamlined. We listen to our patients and answer questions thoroughly. Our office is designed for patient comfort and convenience.
Everything about our process—from determining how your finger, hand or toe prosthesis will be retained to fabrication — is personalized to meet your needs. We mimic the texture, color, and translucency of your skin to create a finger, hand or toe prosthesis with a natural appearance. We craft custom acrylic nails that can be polished if desired. When space allows, we construct a framework inside prosthetic fingers that enable adjustment of finger position. You can expect a prosthesis uniquely created for you that is lifelike, comfortable, secure, durable and safe.
Questions You May Have
- Molds are made of the affected area using gentle materials.
- The shape of the prosthesis is carefully sculpted as we establish a natural contour.
- When the sculpture is complete, we fabricate a durable mold which allows for reproduction of the prosthesis.
- A prototype is tried on and modifications are made until a secure fit is achieved.
- The fingernail or toenail is back-painted.
- We meticulously paint every skin detail using your color formulae.
- The prosthesis is checked for precise fit.
- Wear and care instructions are demonstrated so that your prosthesis can be used with confidence.